Wednesday, December 2, 2015


After all of our wedding bonanza (Part 2, and honeymoon yet to come) we arrived back in Germany ready to start our lives as a married couple -all to be completely taken down with what I thought was a serious case of jet lag!

I spent about a week in bed, trying to keep my eyes open, running to the washroom, and just feeling exhausted in general. My husband was getting frustrated with me and kept telling me to see a doctor if I was truly that sick, my intuition told me I had something else coming. But, of course, I would have to wait 2 more weeks to find out. That weekend (after I told my husband I thought I was pregnant and he told me that I was crazy, we wouldn't be that lucky to get pregnant that fast) we bought some at home pregnancy tests. When we came home I put them away, knowing that I would have to wait a few more weeks for them to be accurate, that night, I couldn't help myself, I had to see. I went to the washroom without telling my husband what I was doing. Did my business and felt disappointed that I would have to wait 5-10 minutes for something to appear. After about 30 seconds I noticed it was positive. I could not believe it! I started dancing, smiling from ear to ear and just felt completely smitten. I debated (for about 30 seconds) how to tell my husband. I went into the bedroom, asked him if we could talk in the most serious face I could make and told him it was positive. His smile was the biggest I have ever seen it (close to our wedding day) and we hugged each other and were so excited for the next chapter!

I am now 32 weeks pregnant and we are expecting a little boy at the end of January. We were so shocked that it happened so fast and are beyond excited to welcome our little boy.

Be on the lookout for pregnancy tips and stories in the weeks to come. Think, work out routines, discussing vitamins, the not so great things of pregnancy, diet discussion, and tips for other moms-to-be. I can't wait to share this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment